Time for the Blues
The color blue reigns supreme this month
As advertising agency JWT proclaimed, blue is the new green. Not only are designers revving this season’s collections with splashes of navy, cobalt, indigo and ultramarine, but the Pantone company, known as the go-to authority on color, has named a shade of blue the color of the year for 2008—and if you’re wondering, last year was chili pepper red.
1. Navy Debby shoes by Hollywould. $425 at hollywould.com
2. Blue crocodile Muse Two purse by Yves Saint Laurent. $1,895 at Yves Saint Laurent (SF). 415.837.1211, ysl.com
3. Calfskin 2.55 clutch by Chanel. $2,350 at Chanel (SF). 415.981.1550, chanel.com
4. Foxie shoes by Anne Klein. $89 at Piperlime. piperlime.com
5. Winch men’s vest by Loro Piana. $695 at Loro Piana (SF). 415.593.3303, loropiana.com
Blue for a Day
Don’t reserve your blue wardrobe for a night out. The color’s versatility can be used as an awe-inspiring accessory or the focal point of an outfit during daylight hours. Keep it casual by reserving patent and embellished versions of the hue for night.
1. Precious bead necklace by David Yurman. $2,100 at Saks Fifth Avenue (SF). 415.986.4300, davidyurman.com
2. Lapis cocktail ring by Ashley Morgan. $850 at Blanc (San Anselmo). 415.485.0104, ashleymorganjewelry.com
3. Sims pant in galaxy blue by Trina Turk. $172 at Sandbox (Greenbrae). 415.461.2133
4. Darlington Ava clutch by kate spade. $295 at kate spade (SF). 415.216.0880, katespade.com
5. Silk dot cami dress by Rebecca Taylor. $297 at Heidi Says (SF). 415.749.0655, heidisays.com