Our favorite Marin boutiques and jewelers to keep you fashionable.
Give'em the Boot
Sure, Goodman’s Hardware in Mill Valley sells adorable rain boots for under $20, but when you’re looking for those head-turning, make-your-friends-wish-they-were-you boots, pop into one of these three independently owned shops.
26) Item Shoes: Owner Joy Goldberg has created an inviting, light-filled Larkspur boutique that fills to capacity at least once a year during the biannual sale (next one’s August 29). Expect finds by great designers from Ash to Vera Wang. item-shoes.com
27) Mili: Paris-born Mili and husband Paul have recently expanded their fashion empire to three stores in Mill Valley and one in Novato. shopmili.com
28) Citrus: Bag- and boot-loving ladies in Tiburon and beyond love Citrus (pictured); owner Kelly Ericson keeps them coming back with an ever-changing supply. Her boot designers of choice are Old Gringo year-round and Sam Edelman and Vince Camuto in the winter. shopcitrus.com
Blings, Rings and Things
You’ve done the hard part by finding the right mate; when it’s time for that sparkly symbol of eternal betrothal, these three favorite jewelers help Marin’s almost-married say “I do.”
29) Julianna’s Fine Jewelry: This familyrun fine jewelry shop has been in business nearly three decades in a prime location in the Village at Corte Madera, guiding the hands of generations of grooms-to-be. juliannasfinejewelry.com
30) Alix and Company: Log on to the website and start dreaming: the unique pieces there are just a few of the lifetime-worthy creations by partners Janet Alix and Brian Booth. Let them craft that perfect contemporary, vintage or classic ring she’ll treasure forever. alixandcompany.com
31) Johann Paul: For more than 30 years, Johann deBlaauw and Paul Comerford and wives Sarah and Robyn have helped Bay Area couples design the ultimate engagement ring right in Greenbrae. Johann Paul is the exclusive Hearts on Fire dealer in Marin. johannpauljeweler.com
Big Night Out
Whether it’s a philanthropic event, a big wedding, the Oscars or the Grammys, here in Marin we’re blessed with a bounty of fabulous boutiques to help us shine. Have a party coming up? Try these high-style havens on for size.
32) Lea Couture: You have to plan ahead, but it’s worth it when you put on your handmade gown by San Anslemo designer Lea Ditson. leacouture.com
33) Gene Hiller: Once you get the invite, head to Sausalito to see Tom or Wayne (or any of their crew) and let them do the rest. genehiller.com
34) Famous 4: If a one-of-a-kind gown made from Cirque du Soleil costumes sounds like you, go to Mill Valley’s Famous 4, where Larry “the hat” Lautzker has been dressing Marin’s glitterati for decades. 415.388.2550
Going to a Garden Party
Remember Mick Jagger crooning “saw her today at a reception, a glass of wine in her hand”? He doesn’t mention her dress, but if he did, she would have gotten it at one of Marin’s fine fashionista frock shops.
35) Koze: Somehow owner Darla Fisher finds clothes that are not only elegant and sexy, but comfortable as your coziest PJs. For her complete collection of designers, check out the new website or visit her Tiburon store. getkoze.com
36) Green Apples: Green Apples in Sausalito has been a special-occasion destination for Bay Area women for more than a decade. Shelly Mosby and her team are prepared to find you that perfect dress, hat, shoes — whatever’s on your list. shopgreenapples.com
37) Kismet: From dreamy dresses to sassy skirts, owner Erica Miller’s curated collection makes for a satisfying San Anselmo shopping experience, with brands like Theory, Lilly Pulitzer and more. shopkismet.net
38) Carolina: Busy mother-of-two Carolina Loiacono has created a Mill Valley store (pictured left) to celebrate all things beautiful. Looking for a Velvet tee to top off your flowy skirt? This is your spot. carolinaboutique.com