The Best of Tahoe City
12 reasons to visit in the springtime.
With dozens of delicious bites, accessible hikes and few tourists, the next couple of months are among the best times to be a local in Tahoe City. I’ve pulled together a dozen Tahoe City-centric favorites that are sure to please whether you are passing through for the first time or looking to spice up your normal trip.
Stellar hiking trails, a paved bike path and easy lake access, make outdoor time a must.
1. Take a hike on the Tahoe Rim Trail.
2. Enjoy zip lines, climbing and, maybe, stretching your comfort zone as well as legs at the Tahoe Treetop Adventure Park at Granlibakken.
3. Cycle along the Truckee River to Olympic Valley and complete the day with a beer and burger at Bridgetender or happy hour at River Grill. Need a bike? Check out Olympic Bike Shop in the heart of Tahoe City.
4. Paddle from Commons Beach. Rentals available from Tahoe City Kayak.
Creative shops and pampering await.
5. Find your scent from the oodles of locally made soaps at Lather and Fizz Bath Boutique in the Cobblestone Center and you’ll be tempted to treat yourself –– or a woman you love –– to a pair of BedHead pajamas.
6. Trunk Show, another not to miss shop at the Cobblestone Center, features handcrafted jewelry and accessories.
Sugar Pine Cakery
From Truckee to Incline Village and the West Shore, now the Tahoe culinary scene is worth praise. Here are a few of my Tahoe City favorites.
7. Savor the best tasting and sized breakfast burrito at The Dam Café and enjoy an Illy Espresso while you’re there, (530) 581-0278.
8. Head off the path, preferably on a bicycle, to Sugar Pine Cakery for grain free chocolate chip cookies and outrageously delicious baked goods.
9. Take pleasure in the absolutely delectable vegan, vegetarian and, of course, seafood rolls at Tahoe City Sushi.
10. Excite your taste buds with seasonal pasta dishes and pizzas at Zia Lina.
With less than a 10 percent chance of even one-tenth an inch of precipitation in May and June, what are you waiting for? Come visit before the summer crowds!
For the most up to date information about Tahoe City happenings, I recommend the Tahoe City Downtown Association.