Summer Skin Care Tips
Bliss Poetic Waxing kit.
Backyard barbecues, lounging at Stinson Beach and hiking Mount Tamalpais— summer in Marin is all about outdoor living. But higher temperatures and extra time in the sun can leave your skin less than perfect, which is why we’ve assembled a tool kit to help even the most sensitive of complexions enjoy the outdoors all summer long.
1. Shield From the Sun According to the American Academy of Dermatology, only 30 percent of adults use sunscreen. Keep a travel-size bottle with you for easy on-the-go applications. We like local company Kinesys. One-ounce, SPF 30 alcohol-free sunscreen spray, $6.99. Kinesys (San Rafael), 877.546.3797, kinesys.com
2. Moisturize Cleanse, repair and moisturize with the Irido-Radiant Micellar Lotion by Apot.care, available at SpaceNK, $60. Space NK boutique in Bloomingdale’s (SF), 415.856.5300, spacenk.com
3. Repair Vitamin C supplement by local skin care line Marie Veronique Organics soothes and calms inflamed skin and repairs sun damage, $140. Marie Veronique Organics, 866.695.6983, mvorganics.com
4. Redness Relief Lessen redness with this anti-inflammatory Redness Rehab Rosacea Relief by Dermelect, $42, dermelect.com
5. Tone One hundred percent of the net proceeds from this limited- edition series of the brand’s Acai Damage-Protecting Toning Mist benefits the Rainforest Alliance. It’s also the first skin care range to ever receive gold standard Cradle-to-Cradle Certification. $26 at Kiehl’s, 415.359.9260, kiehls.com
6. Get Bare Do-it-yourself waxing has never been easier with the new Bliss Poetic Waxing kit. The wax is prefilled in a microwaveable cup and the kit comes complete with pre- and post-waxing oil, tools to apply the wax and a handy set of directions. $45 at Bliss Spa (SF), 877.862.5477, blissworld.com
7. Clarify Corte Madera’s Stellar Spa skin care line’s Clarifying AHA Serum is a blend of natural botanicals that work to dissolve impurities and decongest pores to prevent acne, $36 at The Marin Store, 888.408.2105, themarinstore.com