Pristine coastline punctuated by a dramatic lighthouse and flanked by historic working ranches, oak woodlands and open grasslands will keep you occupied for days. The 140 miles of trails will also help you escape civilization. Obtain your camping permit at the Bear Valley Visitor Center in Olema and find out the day’s events, pick up maps and familiarize yourself with the park’s history. For all campgrounds below the following applies:
1. COAST CAMP 12 individual sites, 2 group sites (2.7-mile hike in) This camp is located in a small grassy valley with easy beach access.
2. GLEN CAMP 12 individual sites (4.6-mile hike in) One of the more protected camps in a wooded valley, farther (2.5 miles) from the beach.
3. SKY CAMP 11 individual sites and 1 group site (1.4-mile hike in) Over 1,000 feet up on the side of a mountain, this camp has views of Drakes Bay and the coastline.
4. WILDCAT CAMP 5 sites (3 that allow only 4 people max.) and 3 group sites. Situated on a coastal bluff, this camp is one of the most popular in the area because of the short walk to the beach.
5. TOMALES BAY 20 permits issued/day