Highlights: Located 3.25 miles west of Tomales, this beach was named after Dillon Beach village founder George Dillon, who settled there in 1858. A wide and lengthy white sand expanse great for long walks, it’s a dog-friendly place where pooches can be unleashed and run loose.
Parking: Parking lot, $7 fee
Facilities: Lawson’s Landing Campground, restrooms
Food: Restaurants in hamlet of Dillon Beach
Directions: On Highway 101 heading north, merge with Petaluma Boulevard south. Take a left on Washington Street, which will become Bodega Avenue, then Valley Ford Road. Go left on Tomales Road and then right on Highway One. Take the first left onto First Street, which becomes Dillon Beach Road. Then take a slight left to stay on Dillon Beach Road, which becomes Cypress Avenue.