Warm Winter Nights
Fight off the cold weather with a toddy version of a familiar drink.
THE MARGARITA GETS a winter makeover for a chilly party night, with hot cider and cranberry juice joining the usual suspects in a festive warming drink. Part toddy, part cocktail, and all good. The key to this beverage’s success is to use a decent tequila, but you already knew that.
Cranberry Tequila Toddy
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup gold tequila
- ¼ cup Cointreau
- Lime wedges
- Dried cranberries
- Orange slices
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Heat the cider, cranberry juice and orange juice in a saucepan until very hot, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in the tequila and Cointreau.
- Serve warm with a squeeze of lime.
- Garnish with dried cranberries (for extra zing, pre-soak the dried cranberries in Cointreau for at least 30 minutes), orange slices and a cinnamon stick for stirring.