Getting Social with the America's Cup
With so many channels, staying on top of all things Cup is just one click away
With Luna Rossa Challenge moving onto the Louis Vuitton Cup Finals with Emirates Team New Zealand beginning August 17, the competition for the Cup is starting to heat up. The two teams are looking to see if history repeats itself as they reprise their last LV Finals meeting in 2007 when ETNZ walked away with the title.
But more than just the racing on land, the entire scene around the America’s Cup is positively buzzy right now, from local concerts and the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup youth teams taking the water to AC teams in trainings and what September might bring. To stay abreast of all things AC, here are some channels that might be of interest.
Event organizers have created a number of channels to reach their fans.
“Our fans use a variety of channels in their daily lives, so it’s our goal to give them the content they want, on the channel they prefer, when they want to consume that content,” said Sarah Hawkins, head of social media for the America’s Cup.
- @Americascup for all AC news
- @Americascuplive for live race tweets
- @RBYAC for the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup
- AC Facebook page for feature stories and event photos
- Instagram for the best behind-the-scenes photos
- AC Tumblr for fun AC moments
- AC YouTube channel for race replays and athlete interviews
For sailors wanting the latest news
- @ScuttButt for major sailing news and commentary
- @SailingAnarchy for topics, ideas and critiques from racing sailors
- @Vsail international sailing news site based in Valencia, Spain
- @CupInfo for news, information and background
For feature stories on Cup and the teams
- @SailingWorldMag magazine on performance sailing
- @SailWorldNews the sailing's news network
- @Sail_racing_mag, the digital sailing magazine
- @MarinMagazine, our own site for a Marin twist
Your one-stop shop for breaking news through these curated content sites
Some of the local journalists covering the event
- @tomgfitzgerald Tom Fitzgerald for the San Francisco Chronicle
- @SFBIZEricYoung Eric Young for the San Francisco Business Times
- @berniewilson Bernie Willson for the AP
- @citizencaen Christopher Caen for the Huffington Post
- #LVCup, Louis Vuitton Cup
- #RBYAC, Red Bull Youth America’s Cup
- #AC72, the boat to be sailed in LV Cup and AC Finals
- #AC45, the boat to be sailed in the Red Bull Youth AC
What are your favorite America’s Cup channels and whom else do you follow?