Top Five Events in February
1. Immerse yourself in all things India with Sanskriti, a festival that explores Indian cultural heritage through classical dance and music. Showcase Theater (San Rafael). February 2.
2. With Joan Osbourne Sings the Songs of Bob Dylan, the storied singer brings her album of covers to life with songs that are more homage that imitation. Sweetwater Music Hall (Mill Valley). February 9–10.
3. Broadway legend Betty Buckley comes to San Francisco for a revival of Hello, Dolly! Golden Gate Theatre (SF). February 19–March 17.
4. Don’t miss the Dead Funk Summit, an evening of funky jams combining musical worlds of the Grateful Dead and New Orleans Funk. Terrapin Crossroads (San Rafael). February 21.
5. The Who and The What A Pakistani-American writer is finishing a novel about women and Islam when she meets a young convert who helps her reconcile her modern life and her heritage. Marin Theatre Company (Mill Valley). February 28–March 24.