What’s Hot in September: Top Five Picks
Fine art, food, wine and live music are happening all around Marin County. Find out when and where!
1. Fine art, food, wine and live music converge at the Sausalito Art Festival, happening once again by the water for its 66th year. September 1–3, Marinship Park (Sausalito). sausalitoartfestival.org
2. Sound Summit offers an annual taste of flower child- era Marin. Head up the mountain for a musical gathering featuring Bob Weir, Nikki Lane and others. September 8, Cushing Memorial Amphitheatre (Mill Valley). soundsummit.net
3. Star Wars and More: The Music of John Williams is the Marin Symphony’s celebration of the renowned composer’s roster of movie scores. September 15, Veterans’ Memorial Auditorium (San Rafael). marinsymphony.org
4. An Evening with Neil deGrasse Tyson Join the astrophysicist for a conversation followed by a lively Q&A. September 24, Davies Symphony Music Hall (SF). shnsf.com
5. Oslo tells the true story of a Norwegian diplomat and a social scientist who arranged meetings between the State of Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization, resulting in the 1993 Oslo Accords. September 27–October 21, Marin Theatre Company (Mill Valley). marintheatre.org